Punnapra Police Station0477 2287669 9497980289 firstname.lastname@example.org
Punnapra Police Station was opened on 1-10-1969, 9 AM . vide Notification No. G.O (Rt)1606/69 dated 24-9-1969 by Dr. N. Radhakrishnan , Principal Thirumala Devaswam Medical College Vandanam in the presence of Sri. T.V. Madhusudhanan IPS Supdt. Of Police, Alappuzha. Sri. M.C. Thomas was the first Sub Inspector of Police of Punnapra Police Station. Now Sri. M.S Jayan , the present Sub Inspector of Police holding charge of the Police Station.
This Police Station is situated on the western side of NH.47 about 9 KM south of Alappuzha Town. The jurisdiction of this station comprises of Paravoor Village and Punnapra Village ( Punnapra North Grama Panchayath, Punnapra South Grama Panchayath and ward ie. 1,2,10 and 11 of Ambalappuzha North Grama Panchayath). The Arabian sea is very close to the Punnapra Police Station.
1. Judicial First Class Magistrate Court Ambalapuzha
2. Dist Magistrate (judicial) ,Alleppey
3. Executive First Class, Alleppey
4. Addl District Magistrate (Exe) Alappuzha
5. Sessions Court Alappuzha
Sanctioned Strength of Police Station
1. Govt Muslim LPS
3. Beach LPS
4. St Alosious School
5. Poothotta School
6. Model Residence School
7. Lourd Mary UPS
8. Chinmaya Vidyalaya
9. Govt H S Paravoor
10. Jyothi Nikethan School
11. Aravukadu HS
12. UPS Punnapra
13. LPS Punnapra
14. Sreedevi EMS,Aravukadu
15. Carmel International
16. Bright Land School
17. St Joseph School,Paravoor
1. T.D Medical College,Vandanam
2. Carmel Polytechnic, Aravukad
3. College of Engineering & Management,Punnapra
Co-Operative Hospital, Vadackal
1. IMS Church,Paravoor
2. Viyani Church,Viyani,Punnapra
Punnapra Railway station is situated on the western side of Punnapra Police station.
1. Kerala state Agricultural Office ,Kalarcode
2. Soil Testing Laboratory,kalarcode
3. Seed testing Laboratory,kalarcode
4. Ambalapuzha Block Office,kalarcode
5. Vandanam Medical college,Vandanam
1. Paravoor Village
2. Punnapra Village ( Punnapra North Grama Panchayath, Punnapra South Grama Panchayath and ward ie. 1,2,10 and 11 of Ambalappuzha North Grama Panchayath).
1. In every year sea erosion occurs on the western area of Punnapra Police station limits from Vadackal to Punnapra , North to South.The erosion effected mostly during Monsoon seasons.The sea water washed away so many coconut trees and the fishermen are given relliving in the area and the fishermen are given relief by the Government.
2. On 21.07.69 during the noon time at the Govt UP School,Punnapra main building has been demolished and the roof fell down due to the whirling wind blown.As a result 3 pupils breathed their last and 48 were injured.The injured were removed to hospital for treatment.
1. Sri Sastha Kshetram at Vandanam is a Govt temple situated at Vandanam Kara,South of T.D.M.C on the west side of N H Road.There are two festivals in the Meenam in Ayillyam.The important celebration lasts only two days.
2. Bhagavathikkal Meena Bharani is being celebrated there.
3. St Gregorious Church,Punnapra is on the west of NH 47 near Punnapra Market.Perunal falls in Vrichigam and Karkadakam on the first Sunday.
4. Sree Devi Kshethram ,Aravukadu is situated on the eastern side of N H Road two furlongs north of the Station.There are two festivals in the temple falls in the months of Vrichigam and Meenam. During Vrichigam festival there is an Utsavam runs for 41 days.The last three days are important and crowded.The main festival falls in Meenam The utsavam runs for 10 days.